Buying Info - How to purchase furniture at 121 Consignment Furniture
Join the savvy 121 Consignment Furniture shoppers who have discovered the secret to buying quality, name brand furniture at about half the original retail price. No need to wait months for ordering and delivery, and no need to settle for cheaply made, low cost/high volume big-box retailer furniture that may only last a couple of years tops.
Our customers know how picky we are about the consignments we accept. In fact, because of our high acceptance standards, we reject far more pieces than we accept. Our inventory is so gently-used and stylish, that it's not uncommon for first-time customers to look around and ask "Is this furniture really used?"
The 121 Consignment Furniture Buyer's Advantage!
- We have one of the largest furnitre consignment stores in the Mid-Missouri Area with 17,000+ sq. ft., meaning there is always a wide selection of furniture to browse and numerous styles of home decor - all under one roof.
- Quick turnover means a unique shopping experience every time you come in.
- No frills warehouse style shopping means you profit from our low overhead and low profit margins. We want to help You save money while decorating your home!
- Layaway is available with 50% down and a $10 processing fee.
- Gift cards are available in any amount
- No commissioned salespeople ensures that you can browse in peace, although we are always happy to be of service to answer any questions you may have, or provide assistance or advice. We want to leave no question un-answered, and help You find the perfect piece for your home.
- Take it home today! We have someone who can help you load it in your vehicle. Although we cannot secure the load after helping You load the item due to insurance regulations, we are more than happy to do the heavy lifting!
What you’ll find:
- An ever changing variety of quality, "gently-used" furniture and decor, of current styles and in like-new condition.
- An assortment of brand new furnishings, received from model homes, manufacturer overstocks, store close-outs, and showroom samples.
- New decor, artwork, lamps and mirrors.
How to shop:
- Browse online from the comfort of your home. When you see something that you like, call us to purchase it by phone, or to put it on hold so that you can come into our showroom for a closer look. ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NO REFUNDS ALLOWED. Please note that items under $100, and items recently received within the past week may not appear on the website.
- Visit our huge warehouse showroom for a relaxing shopping experience with a no-pressure sales policy. There is easy access off I-70 Exit 121 to our showroom at the top of the hill.
- Join the 121 Consignment Furniture mailing list and get the inside scoop on special sales, promotions, events, unique consignments, and overstock arrivals.
- We accept checks, Debit, Mastercard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
- We do not accept bids or offers that deviate from the listed price and pricing schedule.
- Please note that ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NON-RETURN-ABLE, AND NON-REFUND-ABLE. Please inspect your item carefully before making your purchase.
How to read the price tags:
Automatic Price Discounting Special Rules: On the day of an item’s markdown, it will be sold on a first come, first served basis. In the event that more than one person is waiting for a markdown item when the store opens, the item will be sold to the first person who tells a 121 Consignment Furniture Employee that they wish to purchase the item. Phone orders for markdown items will be not be accepted until 1/2 hour after opening. This policy is in the interest of fairness, as priority will be given to those who make the effort to come in to the store. If there is for some reason an item sold over the Phone before this time period is up we will refund the transaction in accordance with this policy.
- On used items, we use our Automatic Price Discounting policy, which means that the price is reduced by 15% after 30 days and and additional 15% after 60 days. This results in a total of 30% off the original price for the last 30 days.
- Should you buy now or wait? That's up to you. But remember, all the furnishings in our store are already priced to be an excellent value compared to buying new. With our high-volume of customers every week, you most likely won't be the only person who's watching a particular item. Don't ever assume an item will be there when you return unless you have already purchased it or placed a hold on it.
How to get your items home:
- You can take your item with you, or, for a fee - have it delivered, whichever is most convenient. If you'd like to pick-up your item later, we can hold it for you, free-of-charge for up to 7 calendar days. After that there is a $5 per item per day storage fee that must be paid before picking up the items.
- If you want to take your item with you, we will be happy to help you load your item into your vehicle. However, you must bring your own padding, rope, or tie-downs as we do not have these items available. Also, our insurance regulations prevent our staff from securing the load in your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Buying Questions
- Q: Is everything in your store also on your online showroom?
- A: Merchandise that is in one of the categories listed in the Catalog dropdown at the top of every page is listed online. Small accents, holiday decor, and recent incoming furniture are not listed on the website. Some items even sell so fast they never make it to the website! We do make every effort to list as much of our merchandise online as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.
- Q: What does "Automatic Price Discounting" mean?
- A: All used items are subject to automatic price discounting, which means that the price is reduced by 15% after 30 days and an additional 15% after 60 days. For a total of 30% off the original price for the last 30 days. Our price tags clearly show the item's current price, and the dates of future markdowns.
- Q: How can I purchase an item on its next markdown date?
- A: On the day of an item’s markdown, it will be sold on a first come, first served basis. In the event that more than one person is waiting for a markdown item when the store opens, the item will be sold to the first person who tells a 121 Consignment Furniture associate that they wish to purchase the item. Phone orders for markdown items will be held and/or refunded until one-half hour after opening. Online sales will be accepted from the start of the calendar day, and take priority over in-store sales if they are conducted before the business opens for the day. This policy is in the interest of fairness, as priority will be given to those who make the effort to come in to the store, but also offers convenience to those who cannot make the time to get into the store.
- Q: Are the prices negotiable, or will you contact the consignor with offers?
- A: All prices and dates on the tags are firm. And, out of fairness to all customers, we will not contact the consignor with offers. The prices and price reduction schedules are set by contract with each individual consignor, and our store policy prevents us from contacting them with offers.
- Q: Can I get a discount for buying multiple items?
- A: Other furniture stores build in extra profit margin in their prices so they can offer you discounts to pressure you into buying additional pieces. At 121 Consignment Furniture, we don't play that game. Everything is already priced at its lowest acceptable price, so you know you are getting a great deal whether you are buying one piece, or a whole housefull.
- Q: Do you offer delivery? How much does it cost?
- A: We can offer the service of local furniture delivery companies to provide a local delivery service. The fee for the service is variable depending on the number of items and other specifics of the job. Please click our Pick Up and Delivery menu link for more details about how deliveries are handled.
- Q: If I pick-up, will you help load my items?
- A: While we're happy to help you load your items into your vehicle or onto your trailer, insurance regulations prohibit us from securing the items. Remember to bring your own blankets, rope, tie downs and anything else You might need as we do not provide these items.
- Q: If I buy something, can I pick it up later? How long do I have?
- A: Due to our limited storage area, we ask that you make arrangements to pick up your items as soon as possible. Items that are not picked up within 7 calendar days will be charged $5 per day per item for storage. Please note that items will remain on the showroom floor until they are picked up and 121 Consignment Furniture will not be responsible for any damage that may occur between the time the item is purchased and when it is picked up. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.